The notes here are based on Qt 4.7 and are thus
a bit very dated. I'm leaving them up because they might still be useful to someone and/or be relevant.
I am working on learning Qt from the resources listed in the Bibliography. What you'll find here are notes I am making for my own benefit. If you find any of it helpful, so much the better.
- Motivations: lies and irresponsible speculation
- Qt IDE options: for C++ programming mostly
- PyQt IDE options: for PyQt programming obviously … and possibly for PySide
- Project structure: the structure of Qt projects
- Heap versus stack: memory management issues
- Signals and slots: communication between objects
- Wiring up signals and slots: many ways to specify connections
- Quitting: the many ways to end an app