Table of Contents
Toward a DIY smartwatch
Old school LCD
I'm thinking of pulls from old mobile phones, esp. Nokia. Power use should be minimal. Availability (used) should be good.
New school LCD
What's available? Again power consumption should be small when backlight isn't used. Looks like finding something suitably sized with workable I/O connections is going to be difficult.
What's the power consumption?
w/ integrated BLE
- Use a Nordic BLE module for everything?
- HC-06: $TODO, TODO mA, size is a bit big.
- HC-05: $TODO, TODO mA, size is a bit big.
- Adafruit Bluefruit LE SPI Friend, 0.9“ x 1”, possibly FOSS, $17.50
- Adafruit Bluefruit LE UART Friend, 0.8“ x 1.26”“, possibly FOSS, $17.50
- Itead HM-11, 0.7” x 0.53, $8.50
- Itead HM-10, 1.1“ x 0.5”, $6.50
- Seeed Bluetooth V4.0 HM-11 BLE Module, 0.5“ x 0.7”, $13.
- Seeed Micro BLE Module, $17.